Join Our Mailing List!
7 Super Things Parents & Caregivers Can Do
1) Talk often with your children from the day they are born.
2) Hug them, hold them, and respond to their needs and interests.
3) Listen carefully as your children communicate with you.
4) Read aloud to your children every day, even when they are babies. Play and sing with them often.
5) Say “yes” and “I love you” as much as you say “no” and “don’t.”
6) Ensure a safe, orderly, and predictable environment, wherever they are.
7) Set limits on their behavior and discipline them calmly, not harshly.
Courtesy of the Early Childhood-Head Start Task Force, U.S. Departments of Education and Health & Human Services